Essential oils are used for a variety of miscellaneous purposes with aromatherapy being one of the most popular. In some cases, aromatherapy does not seem to be the solution for sleep deprivation.
Here is a list of some of the more popular essential oils that can help you wake up:
- Clary sage – This oil is all about clarity. It will allow you to focus on the day’s tasks with clarity and purpose.
- Peppermint – This oil has a cooling sensation and will stimulate your mind awake, invigorating it for those early morning projects and assignments that await you.
- Basil – This herb helps get rid of mental fatigue and boosts one’s creativity by inducing an increased flow of blood to the brain while preventing cobwebs in your head from forming prematurely in the morning before noon arrives! This oil increases mental strength in the body, which helps ward off stress which is the root of all problems that occur before the morning sets in. Lemon is also another oil that you can use for this purpose.
- Pine– Not only does this oil make your room smell fresh, but it also helps to relieve morning anxiety with its uplifting scent. The pine aroma calms down your senses before the day begins.
- Orange – This oil will help you get rid of depressive thoughts while boosting your body’s energy levels. It also serves to soothe your body after a stressful day in the office.
- Nutmeg – It is great not only for morning use but also to get rid of your late-night blues. This oil has the ability to strengthen your nervous system and relieve stress, thus helping you become less susceptible to recurring nightmares once you fall asleep.
- Frankincense – This oil helps eliminate headache and fatigue while also calming the spirit so that heavy thoughts do not linger on, causing stress during the stressful day ahead.
- Lemon – This oil has a sunny disposition. It is quite uplifting and will keep your moods light with its cheerful aroma.
- Ylang-ylang– If you are suffering from morning sickness, then you can apply a few drops of this oil on your forehead or collarbone and be assured that nausea associated with morning sickness will not be taking place anymore. You will feel fresh and ready to begin your day.
Some Essential Oils to Help You Become Alert
- Lavender – This oil has a calming scent that is quite invigorating as it induces a sense of relaxation in your body. It also activates the liminal phase when entering your cycle’s sleep phase and takes advantage of this mental state to help you memorize lessons or goals you set for yourself.
- Rosemary – This oil combats feelings of hopelessness or nervousness by stimulating the brain. It also enhances the effects of other essential oils used in conjunction with it, so it is often called a “wake up” essential oil.
- Ylang-ylang – This oil helps you relax when you have anxiety and can also be used to promote a feeling of security and stability in your life, thus helping you feel more relaxed about your daily tasks and personal relationships.
- Thyme – This herb has been found to help reduce the anxiety that comes with stress while fighting off negative emotions like jealousy, fear, anger, or resentment that might be affecting your daily life.
- Lemon – This oil is one of those essential oils that can help relieve stress in various ways. It also has a calmative effect which reduces the anxiety associated with activity before going to sleep, which keeps you from having night terrors, especially if you are prone to these incidents.
- Bergamot – This oil is known to help improve concentration and memory and promote mental clarity by keeping your mind alert and focused on your work or task before you start. The calming scent of bergamot is also delightful to have during the morning hours, especially if blended with other uplifting scents like peppermint or ylang-ylang.
- Cardamom – If you want to energize your mind and body for any amount of activity, then cardamom is one of the essential oils that can give you that sense of confidence and well-being.
- Chamomile – This oil is a sedative, so it will relax your body and help you fall asleep faster, thus reducing stress and anxiety in the mornings. It also has a calming effect which helps to relieve depression along with boosting energy levels to get you through the rest of your day!
- Lemongrass – This oil helps raise our mental alertness while addressing feelings of fatigue or exhaustion that we experience during the morning hours after sleeping poorly at night.
- Rose – This oil is known to relax the body and mind while stimulating the senses. It will have a revitalizing effect on your emotional state, which is an asset in the morning hours when you perform tasks that demand your attention, whether in the office or at home.
- Bergamot – This essential oil is known to bring out a sense of self-confidence and enthusiasm which will help you feel more energetic throughout your day while preventing drowsiness from affecting your concentration.
- Sage – This herb benefits those suffering from mild depression by raising their moods and improving their sense of wellbeing.
What Are The Best Essential Oils for a Morning Wake-Up?
Tea Tree, Lemon, and Grapefruit are great for waking up in the morning. They go straight to the brain and stimulate it since they are an energizing essential oil blend.
You should not use Lavender at night before you go to bed as it may keep you awake and cause insomnia unless you want to have a relaxing day.
Frankincense, Rosemary, and Orange can also be used as an energizer, but it is better to use them in the afternoon. They will increase your focus and concentration while helping you to feel more active during the daytime.
When You Should Use Essential Oils
You should use essential oils when you are stressed, tired, or in trouble.
What to Do When Using Essential Oils
It would be best if you took a warm shower before using your essential oils.
How to Use Your Essential Oils the Right Way
Put 3-5 drops of each oil on your palms and rub them together.
Then rub your palms on the back of your neck and your temples. You should also do this to both of your wrists as well. Keep doing this for about 2-3 minutes before you start doing other things around the house or relaxing and doing nothing for a bit.
For those looking for something that provides both energy and motivation, peppermint is a better option. And it doesn’t just promote wakefulness – it also soothes headaches and pain! But be careful if you’re pregnant, as this oil may trigger contractions.
Morning diffuser blend
1 part Lavender
16 parts Frankincense
3 parts Peppermint
3 parts Sandalwood
2 parts Ylang Ylang
1 part Clary Sage
4 drops Roman Chamomile
4 drops Frankincense 1 drop Geranium 1 drop Lemon 3 drops Orange 1 drop Lemon
Onion and onion skin, onion seed, garlic, ground cloves(cloves), or whole cloves are the source of four of the most common industrial products used in food processing. These are (a) onion powder, (b) dehydrated onions, (c) dehydrated garlic, and (d) dehydrated onion and garlic skins.
Wake up essential oil blend recipe
These essential oils are very potent. On a scale of 1 to 10, one drop is equivalent to approximately 10 drops.
Frankincense oil contains many of the same ingredients found in grape seed oil, such as oleic acid, palmitic acid, linoleic acid, and α-linolenic acid. The therapeutic benefits, however, come from the essential oils and resins contained in frankincense; these include elemicin (a phenolic phytosterol), carvacrol (a phenolic benzoquinone), thymol (aromatic carboxylic alcohol), and γ-cadinene (a hydrocarbon).
Essential oils are the same as aromatherapy or fragrant oils. Both of these aren’t new to the world; they have been around for years. However, what is new about essential oils is that you can use them in aromatherapy and holistic medicine for various reasons.
Many people aren’t aware of how important essential oils are and why it’s important to use them in our everyday lives. Edens Garden provides many other essential oil blends that people can use to better their lives. Some of these other blends include Lavender & Peppermint, Citrus Fresh, Eucalyptus Radiata, Orange Mint, and Sage & Citrus Fresh, to name a few.